Phones are essential for everyone now, and it enables you to do a lot of things just through your fingertips and with this Apple has been on a roll and has now become the primary premium option for many people. The features and security it provides have made it very popular, and with this locked-down interface comes the problem of not being the most repairable.
We have all seen the issues faced by the people and the Apple stores denying requests or asking an absurd amount of money for a quick fix, leading to devastating choices. So what can you do if your phone crashes or hangs? Should you get it straight to an Apple store? Should you try fixing it yourself?
Well, all your questions will be answered here. Please stick with us to get through your iPhone and fix all issues that it is facing. But before heading straight in, let’s take a look at a few things that you should know about.
RELATED: Best iPhone Manager & Transfer Software
Why does an iPhone crash?
Multiple reasons can lead your iPhone to crash or hang, and all of these may have various solutions. Let us take a look at some of the few reasons that can lead your iPhone to crash:
Filled Storage – Your iPhone has a limited amount of storage, and filling it to the brim can bring in multiple compatibility issues as apps require some storage to store cache data. If that isn’t available, your iPhone can easily hang or stop working and crash.
Performance issues – If you’re still using an older iPhone, such as the iPhone 5 or 6. You will be facing performance issues as newer operating systems and apps require a lot more RAM and processing power to keep on functioning, which can leave your device with little to no headroom to keep the OS stable.
Buggy Apps – There are multiple apps on the App Store that can provide compatibility issues and become a reoccurring problem that can leave your phone with no way to recover from a crash.
Is your iPhone disabled? Steps to take first
Now, if your iPhone is already disabled and you don’t know how to proceed, try the steps below to find an easy fix.
- Restart your iPhone: A simple restart often resolves minor issues. Learn how to restart your iPhone and do the same until you see the Apple logo indicating a restart.
- Close all apps: If the iPhone is lagging or crashing, clearing all apps from memory might help.
- Delete unnecessary apps: Improve stability and performance by deleting unused apps, especially if storage is low.
- Backup your iPhone: Regularly back up your data for added security, ensuring your information is safe on a separate drive.
- Update phone software: Stay current with the latest OS and app updates for optimal performance and stability. Check for updates under Settings.
- Reset all settings: Restore your settings to the default by going to Settings, tapping on General, and then “Reset.”
- Use DFU mode: If all else fails, use DFU mode to erase and reset the iPhone with a fresh OS install.
- Visit the Apple Store: If none of the above works, try to identify the problem and seek assistance at the Apple Store.
Still stuck, try 3rd-party iOS repair tools
ReiBoot is a comprehensive iOS repair tool with several useful features. The iOS System Repair feature is key, capable of resolving over 150 system issues with a single click. We found it able to fix a boot loop issue on an iPhone, though it did require a deep repair that erased all data.
The tool also allows easy iOS upgrading or downgrading. Upgrading to iOS 17 Beta was seamless and didn’t require complex technical steps or a developer account. Downgrading from iOS 17 Beta to iOS 16 was also successful, albeit time-consuming and at risk of data loss.
ReiBoot simplifies iPhone resets, offering factory and general resets to address issues like system stutters or to default the settings. Additionally, it can pull an iPhone out of recovery mode with one click. It even fixes macOS system issues, successfully resolving the ‘stuck Apple logo’ problem on an old MacBook during our tests.
However, ReiBoot has some limitations. Compared to its competitors, it falls short on feature variety, and its free version restricts the number of times certain functions can be used. For instance, the recovery feature can only be used five times before an upgrade to ReiBoot Pro is needed. While it’s a powerful tool for fixing iOS and macOS issues, you should know these restrictions.
- Fast repairing process with an easy way to get into the recovery mode.
- Provides a one-click solution with the free version.
- User-friendly interface with a clean design profile.
- Budget-friendly and also includes a Pro version.
- The free version is limited
- Only offer system repair options
Tenorshare ReiBoot can be downloaded for free from the official website and supports both the macOS and Windows platforms. However, the free version does come with some restrictions and offers only a means to enter and exit the recovery mode with a firmware flash. If you need the whole experience, you would need to buy the Pro version, which costs around $39.95 for a year-long subscription.
Read our full ReiBoot review for more.
#2 Dr.Fone – System Repair
Our hands-on review of the Dr.Fone software found a blend of remarkable features and some slight misses. High on the list of its impressive offerings, we thoroughly experienced and fixed many devices through the Android and iOS Repair Tools.
The toolkit developed for each fix most Android or iPhone device issues in a few clicks. You might have tried other methods like iTunes restore in the past, only to lose your data. This is where Dr.Fone shines even brighter.
It guarantees the repair of numerous iOS errors without the risk of losing your precious data. However, remember that the “Advanced Mode” causes data loss. We were also impressed by Dr.Fone’s ability to downgrade your iOS without causing any data loss – and no need for jailbreaking either.
Despite its impressive features, Dr.Fone has its downsides. While effective on Android devices, the “iOS Repair” toolkit underperforms when dealing with iOS devices.
If you’re looking for a tool that can be used for all purposes, like Data Recovery and Backup, Photo and Data Transfer, and Password Manager, consider checking out the full Dr.Fone toolkit.
- Provides recovery and repair tools.
- It has a clean UI that functions flawlessly
- Can backup apps and user data
- Has encryption and security features built-in.
- The advanced mode doesn’t guarantee any fixes
- It has an expensive price tag
- It needs extra toolkits to be downloaded
The Dr.Fone System Repair Tool is available on both Windows and Mac. When compared to Tenorshare Reiboot, the pricing of Dr.Fone is on the expensive side. This is because each feature is sold as a standalone app unless you opt to purchase the ‘Toolkit’. So, unless you intend to use the repair tool long term, the price might not be worth it.
- Repair iOS issues – $59.95
- Recover lost data – $59.95
- Backup and Restore – $19.99
- iTunes Repair – $19.95
- Unlock your phone – $59.95
- Switch data between devices – $29.95
- Erase your device securely – $19.95
The Toolkit contains all these functionalities and you can purchase it for:
- iOS Toolkit – $99.95
- Android Toolkit – $139.95
Read our full Wondershare’s Dr.Fone review for more.
As an Apple device user, you may have encountered situations that demand reliable, user-friendly software for system repair, and we believe AnyFix by iMobie fills that gap admirably. With its intuitive interface, even those without technical expertise can use its capabilities to fix multiple Apple products—be it your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV—on both Mac and Windows platforms.
What sets AnyFix apart is its variety of features beyond mere system repair. You can enter recovery mode, reset your device, upgrade or downgrade iOS, and even rectify iTunes errors. The versatility doesn’t end here. The software offers system repairs in different stages, mitigating the risk of data loss from simple repairs.
But we must mention a few drawbacks. The full potential of AnyFix can only be unleashed through the paid options, as the free version is noticeably limited. Furthermore, only one system recovery process guarantees no data loss, which could be a sticking point for some users.
- It has a great free version
- It works fast and has a lightweight build
- It has a clean and simple UI
- The pro version is expensive
- Selecting the repair options can feel a little confusing
The AnyFix app is available for free and can be downloaded through the website, and it also has a one-time purchase option for the pro version, which will cost you $59.99.
Through TunesKit iOS System Recovery, you can effortlessly enter or exit recovery mode with a single click, eliminating the need for complex button combinations. This tool addresses over 150 iPhone issues without risking data loss and can fix common iTunes errors with a few simple clicks.
The standout feature has to be the ability to choose the “Standard Repair” or “Deep Repair” mode, and factory reset an iPhone without requiring a password, iTunes, or Finder. For those who have unfortunately forgotten their passwords, it allows the unlocking of disabled iPhones. It also facilitates the downgrade of your iPhone to a previous iOS version.
- Two recovery modes access
- Fixes multiple iPhone issues without data loss
- Simplifies iTunes error repairs
- Allows factory reset without a password
- Potential Data loss while repairing the device.
- Some might find Lifetime licenses expensive.
With $59.95, you can get perpetual access to the tool, which provides access to all features.
iToolab FixGo is an outstanding iPhone repair tool with several noteworthy features. Whether a minor inconvenience or a major issue, FixGo has arguably demonstrated its ability to resolve virtually all iPhone-related troubles.
As a result, we addressed several common problems using FixGo, despite some requiring an advanced repair that subsequently led to data loss.
An appreciable feature of FixGo is its capability to enter and exit recovery mode free of charge in the trial version. This is a rarity among its competitors, and in this scenario, you’ll find iToolab FixGo’s price point quite reasonable.
FixGo also makes resetting your iPhone less complicated. Although there isn’t a specific layout for resetting your Apple devices within the software interface, it remains relatively easy. Moreover, it features a broad range of troubleshooting options.
Nonetheless, FixGo does come with certain shortcomings. One such limitation is the risk of data loss, particularly in advanced mode. Some users have reported data loss even in standard mode, which is a significant concern if you prioritize your data. However, while we tested, we noticed no data loss in the standard mode.
Despite the limitations, with its user-friendly interface, extensive troubleshooting capabilities, complimentary recovery mode access, and cost-effective plans, FixGo establishes itself as a noteworthy competitor in iPhone repair tools.
- User-friendly software with a pleasing and navigable interface
- Capable of addressing a wide range of minor to moderate iPhone issues
- Offers a free trial with unrestricted access to recovery mode, a feature often locked behind a paywall by competitors
- Reasonably priced premium plans
- Risk of data loss when using advanced mode
- Some users have reported data loss even in standard mode
- Lacks a dedicated interface section for resetting Apple devices
iToolab FixGo offers a variety of pricing plans to fit your needs. The one-month plan comes at a reasonable cost of $29.95 (Windows) and $35.95 (MacOS). For extended use, consider the one-year program, priced at $35.95 (Windows) and $39.95 (MacOS).
If you’re pleased with its performance and foresee long-term use, opt for the lifetime package for $49.95 (Windows) and $59.95 (MacOS).
iMyFone Fixppo is a suggestion that is very hard to come by. It isn’t just an iPhone crash repair tool, but it also comes with the tools to flash the latest firmware and backup your data too. Hence, making it a complete package.
- One-click access to the recovery mode
- Provides a clean, simple user interface
- Supports iOS devices and versions
- It comes with a limited trial version for a few days
- The advanced mode it provides takes a lot of time to download tools and offer some security flees.
iMyFone Fixppo can be downloaded on both Mac and Windows. The free version is limiting and only allows basic repair tasks, and to fix system issues on your iPhone, you would need to purchase the available licenses. There are three plans for the app, and they include:
- Basic Plan – $39.95 (1 iOS device and a 1-year subscription)
- Family Plan – $49.95 (Lifetime subscription for 2-5 iOS devices)
- Multi-User Plan – $69.95 (Lifetime subscription for 6-10 iOS device
Note: The prices are high but are still better than Dr. Fone. But we can still say that Reiboot and iTunes are still the best budget options.
iMobie PhoneRescue is a data recovery tool for iOS devices and provides a free and premium build. The problem you face will determine the version for you, but generally, the standard version works great for most issues. Like Dr.Fone, this tool offers us mainly the same options for recovering deleted data and making backups. If you are on the free version, these features won’t be available for you, and you need a premium subscription to work perfectly.
If you’re facing issues with the recommended tools above, get iMobie PhoneRescue a decent secondary option. However, we would recommend using the other options to provide a little trouble and be expensive for budget-seekers.
- Works fast with easy repairing service
- Can reboot your iPhone to the recovery mode with a single click
- Has data recovery and backup options
- It doesn’t guarantee recovery of files
- It has a limiting free version
iMobie PhoneRescue is available on both Mac and Windows at the cost of $59.99 for a single license or $79.99 for a family pack. It also comes with a free standard version which in our case worked perfectly for any issues.
MiniCreo is a Mac-only software that can become the best-in-class repair tool, but the operating system holds it back. It doesn’t allow Windows user a solution that takes away from its user base.
However, it is still competent and has some unique features that make it stand out. We liked the diagnostic part that gave us a result of what issues plagued our iPhone and enjoyed all its recommendations. As usual, entering the recovery mode and flashing a new firmware was the primary solution that worked great at solving any issue and upgrading the device to the latest version of iOS.
- Clean and minimal user-friendly interface.
- Diagnostic reports for an overview of problems and solutions
- Budget-Friendly with a tremendous free standard version
- Limited to Macs and can’t be used on Windows
MiniCreo Fix My iPhone is available to all Mac users for free and can also be upgraded to a premium package for $19.99.
Joyoshare Ultfix’s standout feature is the intuitive user interface, enabling users of all levels to fix their iOS devices in just a few clicks. Not only does it offer solutions for a wide variety of issues, but it also works seamlessly across different devices, including iPhones, iPods, and iPads.
Despite its excellence, it does come with a few limitations. Data loss can be an issue during system recovery due to the advanced and ultimate modes, which wipe all data.
- Intuitive user interface
- Works across various iOS devices
- Fixes a wide array of issues with just a few clicks
- Risk of data loss during system recovery
- Slower recovery speed compared to competitors
With $49.95, you can get perpetual access to the tool, which provides access to all features.
#10 Puls (iPhone Repair Service)
If nothing works for you, Puls would because it is a repair service that works physically. All you would need to do is fix an appointment on the webpage, and Puls will send a trained technician to your chosen location, and the technician will sort out all the iPhone issues right there if possible. This would be more preferable to users who are not good at technology as there is no trial and error on your part and would be fixed by the involved party.
Puls is a decent service that prides itself on delivering an impressive and easy repairing experience to its users. However, it is only limited to certain specific cities, and if you’re a part of it, then take Puls for a spin and use its services.
- Offline payments and online payment support
- It doesn’t require any of your involvement in the repair process
- Easy to work with
- Limited to specific US cities
- Has been in a bind with the recent pandemic situation
Puls offers services to specific cities in the United States, and an essential iPhone repair cost starts from $59 and can rise depending on the situation.
Troubleshoot all your iPhone issues
The process of fixing iPhone problems doesn’t have to be difficult. You can improve the performance of your iPhone and address numerous common issues by following the steps provided.
Along with these practical steps, several third-party tools like ReiBoot, Dr.Fone, and AnyFix can help solve complicated issues. The ideal option will depend on your particular situation and demands because each has specific strengths and limits.
Therefore, use these procedures and tools as your first resort before going to an Apple Store or a service center. The ideal solution can enable you to get your iPhone back up and running efficiently while saving you time and significant service fees.