Don’t you remember the passcode you had set for unlocking your iPhone and wondering how to get along now? Well, let me help you with this.
Forgetting passcodes of iPhones isn’t rare. Every single day multiple users tend to forget what they have set for unlocking their devices. Probably the same thing has made your way into this article. If so, you are at the right place as I have compiled the best practices that can help you unlock your iPhone right away.
iPhone Unlocking Basics
What is an iPhone unlocking?
Apple is well known for keeping its user data secured. Whether it be login ids or screen passcodes, Apple ensures to take an optimized and secured approach. With that being said, if a user by any means loses access to his passcodes, Apple makes sure to go along with all the authorizations before providing him with an unlocked device. The process that goes into the entire unlocking scenario is termed iPhone Unlocking.
Why might you need to unlock an iPhone?
It is pretty apparent that a locked device is like a dead end. Whether your brain isn’t responding to the set passcode anymore or having just bought a second-hand iOS device that has been locked for a good number of days, unlocking it is crucial for using the device any further.
Is hacking iPhone legal?
The answer is a straightforward Yes, provided all the payment procedure is completely sorted. Once you own an iPhone entirely, unlocking it is wholly legal. However, suppose the contract is still under process. In that case, it is recommended to have a word with the carrier before continuing with the unlock process.
Are there any official methods of unlocking the iPhone?
Forgetting iPhone passcodes can be a distressing situation for any user. Considering this, Apple devised its way of mitigating it. Suppose you are unable to unlock your iPhone even after all the troubleshooting. In that case, the Apple recovery mode can help you restore all the settings and have that forgotten password removed.
When we talk about the unlock methods, many third-party applications can help remove forgotten passwords in a matter of minutes. But before jumping right into the tools, let us walk through the official method that can help in unlocking an iPhone.
Unlock iPhone Passcode with Built-in Apple Features
1. Restoring device from backup
Restoring your iPhone from a previously saved backup is one of the primary ways of getting your device unlocked. The first thing you need to have is access to a computer, either Mac or Windows, to carry out the unlock process. If you don’t have access to one, you can either ask a friend or visit your nearest Apple store. However, you will also need to have a backed-up file already stored in the cloud servers or your computer to carry out the process.
2. Putting your device into recovery mode
The process of putting an iPhone into recovery mode varies from one device to another. For figuring out the required ways for your device, visit the Apple support page. You can search for your device there and look for the key bindings to put your device in recovery mode.
After setting your device into recovery mode, proceed with the restoration process as follows.
3. Restoring and unlocking your device
This step will require you to have either Finder tool or iTunes installed on your computer. Suppose you are using the Mac OS Catalina version. In that case, the finder tool will come to aid, while iTunes is for Windows users and Macintosh users of Mojave version or earlier.
- Connect your iPhone in recovery mode, and open either the Finder tool or iTunes.
- On the main screen, you will have the option to either Restore or Update your device. Click on the “Restore” button.
- You will then require to select the backup file from your computer.
- The Finder tool or iTunes will then install the latest version of iOS on your device.
- Once the Restore is complete, the device will restart. Make sure you keep the iDevice connected during the entire process.
As soon as it reboots, you will have your iPhone ready with the password being removed.
Note: If your device has the “Find My iPhone” feature turned on, ensure you have your iCloud password ready to continue with the process.
Remove Passcode with “Find My iPhone” Feature
The “Find My iPhone” feature can also be used to reset and unlock an iOS device.
- Get access to some other iOS device and install the “Find My iPhone” application.
- Use your Apple credentials and log in to the tool.
- From the main screen, hit the “Actions” button.
- You will then have an option that says “Erase iPhone” Click on that.
- Post completion, search for another option that says “Restore from iCloud backup” Tap on that and continue with the desired file. In a few minutes, you will have your device unlocked.
But what if you don’t remember your Apple login credentials anymore or don’t have any previously backed up file to continue the restoration process? This is when having an efficient third-party unlock application becomes vital.
Hack iPhone Passcode with Third-party Software
Although you have these official approaches of resetting your iPhone and getting it unlocked, you are sure to lose a portion of convenience in the process. However, the good thing is there are handy alternatives to these. Several third-party tools can help unlock iPhones in no time. Using these tools, you can remove passcodes from your device easily without any hassle.
Coming from the home of iMyFone Technology, the iMyFone Lockpicker tool is excellent for unlocking iOS devices. The iMyFone Technology is well known for developing highly efficient data management tools, and the Lockpicker tool is no exception.
Suppose you don’t have access to your Apple account anymore, or you don’t remember the login credentials. In that case, you can easily remove everything and have your device unlocked without any password with the Lockpicker tool from iMyFone.
- Choose “Unlock Screen Passcode” on the Home screen, then tap “Start”.
- Connect your iPhone with the help of a USB cable.
- Choose the device model from the list and the tool shall verify the device’s basic details. Select the appropriate information and proceed with downloading the required firmware.
- As the tool concludes the download process, hit the “Start to Verify” button.
- After the verification is done, click on the “Start Unlock” button.
- You will then receive a pop-up stating that the process shall erase your data. Click “Unlock” to continue.
- Wait and let the tool unlock your iPhone completely.
- With this tool, you can bypass varied iTunes errors easily.
- It helps in removing iPhone screen lock without passcode efficiently in seconds
- From 4-digit / 6-digit passcode to Touch ID & Face IDs, this tool can help unlock all.
- Whether it be locked, disabled, or broken screen iPhone/iPad, this tool can be used to unlock passcodes.
- After the unlock is complete, this tool helps update the device to the latest iOS Version.
- It is compatible for both Mac and Windows operating system.
- The tool fails to work properly if iTunes isn’t already installed.
- It lacks flexibility as compared to the other tools.
iMyFone’s pricing structure is vivid. The basic one comes with three plans:
- Monthly: Operate 1 iOS Device at $29.95 (Validity: 1 Month)
- Yearly: Operate 1 iOS Device at $39.95 per month (Validity: 12 Months)
- Lifetime: Operate 5 iOS Devices for a one-time payment of $59.95 (Validity: Lifetime).
For operating unlimited devices, you have iMyFone Lockwiper‘s business plan that costs $399.95 with lifelong validity.
When we talk about managing data in either android or iOS devices, Dr. Fone from Wondershare serves as an all-around utility tool. The tool, which initially came up as a Data Recovery application for iTunes in 2013, has evolved to be an excellent utility for the stored data.
From data recovery to screen recording, from repairing entire system to carrying out WhatsApp data transfer, the applications of Dr. Fone are many. Dr. Fone not only helps in recovering lost data but also helps in unlocking locked phones and removing screen locks.
Talking about removing passcodes and getting phones unlocked, let us have a detailed look at how Dr. Fone can help users with this.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with a cable.
- Launch the Dr. Fone application and select the “Screen Unlock” option from the main menu.
- Then click the “Unlock iOS Screen” on the program and boot your device in the recovery mode.
- You will then require to verify the device’s information and let the tool download the necessary firmware. For this, click on the download option.
- After the download is complete, click on the “Unlock Now” option.
- The tool will then process the entire unlocking, and you will have your device ready in few minutes.
- Dr Fone from Wondershare is an easy-to-use tool.
- It helps to unlock iPhone, iPad lock screen with a few clicks.
- It helps in bypassing the iCloud lock on iOS devices in seconds.
- It is compatible for both Mac and Windows operating system.
- It helps in running system repairs that help fix various errors.
- With Dr. Fone you can transfer WhatsApp data from one device to the other conveniently
- It is unable to recover permanently deleted data
- It requires access to the developer’s mode for processing android phones
- Compared to others, the price of Dr Fone is bit on the higher side
Dr.Fone – Screen Unlock (iOS) comes with three different types of plans, Personal, Family, and Business. The personal 1 year plan costs around $49.95, and lifetime license at $59.95, while with the business plan, you can use Dr. Fone for unlimited devices at $399 per year.
The third tool in our list is a utility unlock tool from iMobie, AnyUnlock. It is an excellently engineered tool for unlocking iPhones, iPads, and iPods quickly and efficiently. Whether you have forgotten your Apple ID or just have lost access to the screen passcode, AnyUnlock can help you get out of this situation in no time.
Although there are a few things that hold the tool back but considering the brilliant features, it perfectly serves the purpose of being more than just a password unlocking tool.
The first thing that you need to do is have this tool downloaded and installed on your computer. Make sure you have a quick run of the required specifications before installing.
- Once you have AnyUnlock installed, launch the application by double-clicking on it.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB cable.
- Click on the “Unlock Screen Passcode” option and wait for the tool to recognize your device.
- Put your device in recovery mode.
- The next thing that you will need to do is install the latest iOS firmware on your computer as an image file. Once downloaded, save the file to the desired location.
- Click the Unlock option.
- Clicking the Unlock button shall make the downloaded firmware flash on the screen. Please select it and let the tool process the unlock.
- Your device then may restart a couple of times before getting the password removed utterly.
- AnyUnlock is easy to use
- It helps remove iOS, iPad OS passwords
- With this tool you can unlock Apple ID
- Recover Screen Time Password easily with AnyUnlock
- This tool works as iOS Password Manager
- Helps in Recovering iOS Encrypted Backup Passwords
- It is Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS
- The tool can play a vital role in triggering malfunctions as it provides full access to your computer for carrying out the device firmware update.
- The overall process of removing password will lead to the deletion of all your files.
Talking about the pricing, AnyUnlock comes with multiple plans. With its Yearly plan, you can unlock one device for $39.99 a year. However, suppose you have more devices to unlock. In that case, the lifetime plan and the multiuser plan let you unlock with five devices and ten devices, respectively, at $59.99 and $69.99.
Another plan includes a Quarterly one that costs $35.99. With that, you are allowed to operate one device for three months.
Final Words and Tips
Although it might not seem to a big issue, forgotten iPhone passcodes can get really disturbing at times. However, thanks to the availability of various tools, unlocking a locked iPhone is no longer a headache. These tools can add significant value and help in unlocking devices conveniently in just a few clicks. Follow our tips, and your screen unlock success rate may skyrocket.
But still, Apple goes to great lengths to protect the confidential information of its customers, so none of the existing methods can give you a 100% success guarantee, no matter what other resources promise you.
Taking the significance even further, here are a few valuable tips that can help you avoid forgetting passcodes.
- Make sure you set a passcode that is relevant to you
- Avoid getting fancy with the passcodes
- If, in any case, you opt to select a complicated passcode, make sure to note it down. Noting down somewhere else will help tackle the forgotten passcode issues with ease.
- If you tend to forget screen time passwords, it is recommended to keep it off.
Meanwhile, here are some other articles that you might enjoy:
These Tools Repair iPhone’s System by Yourself Like a Pro
The Best iPhone Transfer & Manager Software in 2021
The Best iPhone Data Recovery Software
The Best iPhone Backup Software You Actually Need